Today, I decided to change the way that I did my billing. I wanted to record different classes and have an Excel spreadsheet calculate the difference between the start time and end time of the class to get the duration. Great! But billing works on decimals, not necessarily hours and minutes. So I went in search of a way to take a time, such as 9 hours and 30 minutes and change it to 9.5 hours. You’d think this was an easy task. Not so! I found the solution here. Maybe Microsoft will consider making this a function of itself in its future versions. The real trick is to make sure that the destination cell is in General Format. Worked like a charm.