I almost forgot how much I love the movie “Bridget Jones’s Diary”. Every year around this time, I think I need to watch it, make it an annual occurence. What’s on TV tonight? Whadyaknow…BRIDGET!
So, I pour a glas of red in true Brig fashion, and take pen to paper to start the year off right. Also, settling in with a salad after the monstrous leftover turkey dinner for lunch. Will follow up with mandarin oranges for dessert.
My life is somewhat like Bridget Jones. Here are some examples:
- Both need to lose weight.
- Both are “spinsters”.
- Both live in our own apartments/flats.
- Both love red wine.
- Both have good close friends that we can call on for a good pow-wow/drink-up.
- Both need new jobs (though I didn’t sleep w/boss at last job).
- Though I haven’t done it yet, pondering dinner party for close friends for birthday next month (Take note and be forewarned!) Must look up recipe for blue soup.
Some differences however:
- I don’t live in the UK.
- I don’t smoke (anymore).
- Most of my friends aren’t smug married couples, but are wonderful singletons like me.
- Definitely don’t have two men fighting in the street over me.
- And unfortunately, don’t have Mark D’Arcy/Colin Firth chasing after me because he “likes me just the way I am”.
Have actually found myself taking pen in hand more frequently as of late, literally. Quite possibly because I’ve had trouble sitting in fron of computer due to back pain lately. Have even found myself turning in at a reasonable hour with a good book under candlelight. When I enter my apartment, I will constantly say: “Hi Honey, I’m home! Oh yeah, I live alone.” It’s a homage to Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman, but very fitting here.
Some goals for the new year:
- Lose weight. Might be difficult with back injury, but willing to try even if I have to become a rabbit.
- Blog at least once a week. Great, have met quota this week.
- Will find dream job
- Will have emotionally stable relationship with someone who is not an emotional fuckwit. Doesn’t have to be permanent, but just…normal.
- Receive flowers at least once this year from a member of the opposite sex (sorry, Gwen).
Sounds like a lot and a little to ask for for the coming year. Given the ups and downs of the past year, I think I deserve a little normalcy.
This is Bridget Jones…I mean…Shanta Nathwani for Sit Up Britain…dammit…Toronto. Now, back to the studio!